Tuesday, March 31, 2009

I think my new cleaner is trying to kill me...

yep really.

My wooden floor is like an ice rink and that's 10 days after it was cleaned. I have 'mopped it' twice since then in the hope I can avoid slipping and breaking my neck any time soon.

We have a new cleaner. Since the perfect Sandra left we have had 2 others who re-invented the job description of 'cleaner' to be 'not really any cleaner than before we arrived' ... so I changed agencies. Now we have a lovely girl called Mihaela. Or so I thought... She came for the first time last week and once again as I opened the front door the lovely clean smell hit me. Then as I kicked off my shoes I had to scramble to catch hold of the bookshelf before I fell arse over tit onto the floor.

'Blimey', I thought, 'she's done a good job' and was very impressed until I worked out that she'd cleaned both halls, lounge and kitchen floor with PLEDGE!! Don't misunderstand me, it smelled beautiful but it was bloody deathtrap.

Boyf was out (in the pub) for the evening so I thought i should warn him about the hall (even though my inner child was chuckling at the thought of him coming in slightly inebriated and falling flat on his backside). At exactly 20 past midnight I heard a very loud 'WOOOOAAAHHHHH' and a scramble and a shoe hitting the floor. Yes, despite my text warning and him taking extra care, he too succumbed to the slippy floor dance.

At first it was quite fun and we skated round in our socks however it never seemed to get any less slippery and after almost breaking my neck again as i left the bedroom for a 4am loo trip I decided that we had to give it a good clean.

I've tried and it's not really worked. This, combined with the fact our new cleaner was sick this week, leads me to believe she is trying to kill us. Maybe she thinks we have a secret stash of cash somewhere? Well, she'll be very disappointed.


Watch this space to see if I die before she comes back next week...

No comments: